Wednesday, June 27, 2012

COMIX CLASS - summer 2012

THE SECRET IS OUT!
The folks over at Little Island (aka, Andrew) and I have been cooking up something pretty awesome the last few weeks! I'm going to be running some comic related workshops starting July 5 out of a back-ish room at the Little Island comic book store! If you're a local kid, from 10-12, you should not be reading this blog because it is dirty and vile. But, since you're here, I'll give you a summary of how this thing is going down:

Dazzle your friends with your Comics Skills, AND get 2 hours away from your folks! WIN WIN.

Session 1 (July 5th):   INTRO TO GRAPHIC STORYTELLING
Session 2 (July 12th): CHARACTER DESIGN 101
Session 3 (July 19th): DRAW WHAT YOU SEE: an observational sketchbook seminar
Session 4 (July 26th): ANATOMY OF A MINI-COMIC



Take a class here or there, or collect ‘em all and leave with your very own mini-comic/zine and all the skills to make more!
From 1-3pm every Thursday of July. $20 per kid per session. Pre-pay for all four classes and get a $20 Little Island/Beguiling Gift Certificate – it’s like getting a class for free! Kids ages 10 to 12 are welcome (some exceptions may be made: please inquire).
Sign up today! Show up at, call or email Little Island Comics to register or for more info.

There's also this B&W version, if you prefer:


And a screen tone version as well, but since those look like radioactive poop when viewed on a computer screen, I'm keeping that one an "in person" secret. Special. 

Anyway, wish me luck. I hope the little gremlins don't tear me apart!

2 comments:

  1. Oof. I think I need to take this class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're already better than me, you silly man. You should teach some classes there too though!!

      Delete