Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Picture taking.

Hey dudes and dudettes! I have a question to pose to the internet! Everytime I do this, the internet always comes to my aid, so here goes.

My dear old point and shoot Canon Powershot A700 from a million years ago that I remember paying an exorbitant sum for, is hiccuping. Bad. It seems to think all the batteries I give it are dead (though they are fresh as daisies) and loves to just turn itself off after one or two shots. I think it is time to finally lay my baby to rest, and so I ask this: People of the internet, what is a good point and shoot camera that won't break my bank, but that also gives me a few manual functions? What is your favourite? I have no interest in something complicated, been there, done that, I want to record my life in a simple way. If I ever need fancy photos, I have an entire family of photographers to fall back on.

I can and have done some research myself, but reviews on websites are only so good, and star ratings are often misleading. I used to work in a camera store, but it's been a long time, and I no longer have my thumb on the pulse of the industry.

Also, I would like it to be red. That is all.

1 comment:

  1. For like $160 I got a Samsung hz15w a year ago. It doesn't have the best sensor nor the sharpest focal length, but it's max resolution is so large, (12.2 MP) that most well lit photos look good. You can set shutter speed and aperature individually, and do a little manual focusing, white balance, etc. I mainly got it because it has a pretty wide lens (24mm max) and can record 720p hd video.

    ReplyDelete